1. Grilled Soy Cod Fish
i.1 tbs Mirin can be added in replacement of sugar
ii.Miso can be added in replacement of Soy for another variation
iii.Fish can be pan fried should you not have an oven
2. Pizza for Kids
i. Mushrooms should be pre-cooked with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
ii. Rockets should be placed right after pasta sauce to prevent burns.
iii. Roasted chicken leg can be home made or simply buy one from NTUC finest. Debone, remove skin and cut into small chunks
iv. Toppings can be anything. 🙂
v. For subsequent pizzas, if you are heating up more than one, reduce duration by 30 seconds to achieve same results as your first piece.
3. Grilled Salmon with Meditarranean Rub
i. Seabass is another good alternative to be used together with this rub.
ii. Rub can be purchased from Foodie Market Place
iii. This rub goes so well with roasted root vegetables as well, great party dish.
4. Blanched Veg w IKEA Precooked Prawns
Through a friend, SY, I was introduced the precooked prawns. OOoo… boy, these little shrimps were really sweet and easy to prepare. Thaw, shell, eat. 🙂 How time-consuming can that be? An idea for a busy or tiring day.
5. Wholesome Multi-grain ‘Claypot Rice’
This is not exactly the fastest meal in terms of the preparation. But when you do consider the fact that its a ONE pot meal, I guess the time spent becomes more justifiable. 🙂
- 4 chicken thighs ( chopped and marinated)
- 2 cups of rice (Brown, Quinoa, Couscous, Amaranth)
- 5 medium size dried mushrooms (soaked, squeezed dry and slice thinly)
- 10 shallots (sliced)
- 1/2 a stick of lup cheong aka Chinese Sausage (soaked remove outer coat and cut into smaller bits)
- 1 large dried scallop (soaked in hot water, drained and put aside)
- Kecap Manis
Marination for Chicken (at least 20 mins):
1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp of ginger juice
2 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of sesame seed oil
A dash of pepper
- Fry shallots til golden brown set aside
- Retaining ONLY a tbsp of oil, stir fry softened dried scallop til colour darkens
- Add in Lup Cheong and fry til colour darkens
- Add in mushroom and give it a quick stir
- Add in marinated chicken and stir fry til skins browned, meat need not be cooked
- Add in uncooked rice and go round the wok 3 or 4 times with your bottle of Kechap manis and give it a quick stir (obj. coat the rice and ingredients evenly with the kechap manis)
- Add in the water used to soak the scallop
- Scoop semi cooked ingredients into a rice cooker, add in sufficient water (just like cooking normal rice)
- Serve with some parsley and fried shallots
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top of the rice for taste (just a min or 2 before rice is fully cooked)
6.Grilled Salmon Fins
I love to buy Salmon Fins from Sakuraya Fish Mart. They are super fresh. Pat dry these little fins after scaling them and rub salt and pepper onto them. Place them on baking paper, drizzle with olive oil and pop them into a preheated oven and grill for 18 minutes. The skin should come to a nice crisp which your little ones would love to crunch on. Sedap.
- Salmon Fins
- Salt (Prefer to use: Organic Himalayan Sea Salt or Equivalent)
- Olive Oil